Zero points for presentation, but up there on taste at least!
I made this for a dinner yesterday even though we’re trying to be good because it was Monday, and we had a few wake ups from a coughing Imogen the night before, and it was raining. This is the perfect comfort food for when you’re cold and tired in my opinion!
Ingredients: (there’s a lot of leeway with this so it really can depend on your preference)
- Bag of quorn mince
- 2 medium sized carrots, washed and chopped
- 4 good sized mushrooms washed and chopped
- Frozen chopped onions approx 250g
- 2 vegetable oxo cubes
- Cornflour to thicken
- Boiling water
- Package of shortcrust pastry
- Add the onions, carrot and mince to a pan and simmer until the carrots are softened
- Add the oxo and water to just covering the ingredients
- Mix the cornflour with some cold water to make a paste, then add to the mix stirring continuously
- Leave to simmer until it thickens to a gravy
- Roll out your shortcrust pastry, and put it into a pie tin overlapping the edges to allow for shrinking. You can use baking beans, or prick the base with a fork to stop it from puffing up.
- Once lightly browned, trim the edges, then fill the base with the mixture and add a lid if you have enough pastry, or make patterns if not (I ran out so went for the lattice look)
- Put back into the oven until the top has browned, then remove and serve!